I recently took part in our very popular Front Line / Assistant Managers Programme.
As a firm believer in continuous learning and self-development when the Network Manager registered me for this business training course, I was only too delighted to take on the challenge. The course consists of a series of 6 workshops, which incorporate practical approaches based on best practice. During the workshops we had the opportunity to work through case studies and simulation exercises which enabled us to understand how our individual approaches and responses impacted on the overall outcome. After each workshop we gave consideration to our new insight regarding management skills and implemented the necessary changes into our working environments.
It was difficult to find the time to complete the assignments, however once I focused I found that the assignments were reinforcing and helping me implement what I had learnt in the workshops. I reread my final edition of my assignment with a great sense of pride, I felt this essay was not just ticking a box it was a constructive report on how I successfully managed to implement change within the company.
In undertaking this project I have developed better skills in dealing with management and service providers alike and have greatly enhanced my negotiation skills. There are still some minor obstacles to overcome however, due to the level of success achieved on this project I am now much more confident in my capacity to work independently, and meet challenges with greater focus and success. There will always be new obstacles that will require greater people management skills, but each experience is providing opportunity for improved growth and development for me in this area.
What the participants had to say about the course.
- The skills I have learned can be brought back to my shop and the course actually changed my outlook and motivated me.
- Team Communication & Customer Service strategies were invaluable.
- Learn how to carry out marketing in my local area, along with up selling at the counter and how to retain customers.
- I learnt how to plan & organise in a more efficient and productive manor.
- I found the course very useful as all aspects were easy to implement into the business environment.
- Learnt loads about dealing with me team and how to overcome difficulties
- Tricia (one of the trainer) is the nicest person ever, patient with everyone.
- Have a nice day and thank you so much for this invaluable course I would recommend it to anyone who interacts with people in business.
The next Front Line / Assistant Managers Programme starts 30th March